- Have a voice and make a difference to local services!
- Receive The BOPF Magazine. It is full of useful information about projects, campaigns and consultations, as well as tips, advice, phone numbers, events and much, much more…
- Attend our Open Forum meetings and listen to interesting and informative speakers, as well as a lively debate and discussion. You will also get the opportunity to participate in consultations & surveys. Our meetings are aimed at the over 55s, but everyone, of all ages, is welcome to attend. We are an inclusive organisation.
- Be part of our Voice & Influence Partnership. The delivery partners are The Care Forum, Bristol Multi-Faith Forum, Bristol Older People’s Forum, Centre for Deaf and Hard of Hearing People, OTR Freedom and WECIL. The advisory partners are SARI and VOSCUR. The partnership is funded by Bristol City Council.
- Join our Transport Action Group
- Join our Housing Action Group
- Write for our BOPF Magazine and website
Feedback from our members
“BOPF has given me the belief I can make a difference”
“I keep the newsletter and share with my friends and neighbours”
“Speakers are informative and interesting; it’s great to be able to ask them direct questions”
“Great to meet like-minded people not prepared to just fade away”
“Older people need help to take part in the community”
“Bringing people together and allowing people to feel a part of something if you wish to do so – not so alone and your information is much appreciated”
“Together you feel able to do things and achieve something; alone you are the lone voice in a wilderness of professionals”